The Science stream of Government Autonomous College, Phulbani was established in the year 1960 with a mission to spread knowledge among the students of the tribal heartland of Odisha. The Botany Department was established in 1978 with an aim to impart knowledge on the flora of the different regions of the World and familiarize the flora of the region to the students and layman.
- To explore and protect the plant world. To be a center of excellence for plant and microbial science.
- To maintain our position as a primary department of higher learning and research in botany/plant science and to further commit ourselves to academic excellence.
- Advancement, Development, and Empowerment of the students by imparting quality education.
- To provide a student-centered and professions-oriented higher education that hastens the academic environment.
- To demonstrate and promote creative intellectual inquiring with positive relationships among students, faculty and staff that enhance the learning experience a fruitful and outstanding one for future applications in a dynamic world.
- Courses Offer
- Faculty [
Faculties of the Department at a Glance:
No. of Years &
Sri Sukanta Kumar Behera
Assistant Professor (II) & HOD
Smt. Lipika Mohanty
Miss Smruti Joshi
Enviroment And Conservation Biology
Miss Barsha Rani Prusty
Plants and Environment
Dr. Laxman Kandha
Laboratory Assistant cum Store Keeper
Plant Tissue Culture